Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to Public Transport!!

sadly only for this week though :-(





This week I am taking training at Global Knowledge in Zoetermeer.  It is not far from Den Haag.  One really cool thing about his location is that it is directly on the tram line (see picture above!!)  First I can take a train to Den Haag laan van NOI and transfer to the tram.  So much better then driving...wow!  O how I've missed my public transport to/from work.  I may have bashed Port Authority every now and then in Pittsburgh, but man, I did not know how good I had it.

Today did not even go smoothly and I still prefer it over driving.  I got on the train in Haarlem and right before we got to Leiden, they made an announcement saying that there was a problem on the train by Den Haag Hollands Spoor and that the train was not going to go any further...shit!

I quickly checked and found that I was able to take a bus from the station at Leiden and get to Zoetermeer still in time for my class.  I hopped on the bus and, sure enough, there I was, no problem!  Well, almost, after I got there it was a bit tricky to find the entrance to the building itself, but non the less, still got to class right on time.

Let's see how it goes the rest of the week.  I know one thing is for sure, starting in October when I will be back in the office, I am sure I will really be missing the train/tram.

No comments: