Friday, September 21, 2012

Arrived in Bulgaria

Yesterday I flew to Bourgas Bulgaria to for vacation. When I got to the airport the only passport lines that were open were the EU only lines. I showed the guy my American passport and asked where I should go. He pointed to the one line, walked over said something to the girl, and she switched the line do all passports. Everyone else went through really quick with no stamp. When she got to me at the end she checked the passport like five times, then got out the stamp, checked it again, then finally stamped it.

After getting my bag, I walked out and saw the sign for Sunweb (the people who I booked the trip with). As I was walking up the girl was like "Nicholas?" I said yes and she let me know that I was the only person they were picking up. I was also the last tourist from Sunweb for the year in Bulgaria! So instead of a bus we were in a car with me, a driver, and two people from the company! The one already knew stuff about me because I friended Sunweb on Facebook. VIP treatment haha.
After they found out I was American, he was really interested to hear about American high school! Ha, I didn't really know what to say since I can't really compare it to "middelbare school" in NL.

We arrived at the hotel the guy there asks for my passport and I give it to him. He was like "you are American!?" I say yes and I guess it ended up not being a problem. Hotel seems fine so far except the WiFi really sucks. Today is cloudy and quite cold. Figures for my first day :( but it looks like after today it should be nice for the whole week.

No comments: