Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beantown




I couldn't pick between the two pictures so I had to add both! :-)

After getting of the train in Boston, I spent a few days with Kara and Shawn since I seam to be following them all over the country, of course I saw them in Boston too.

It was good to be back in Boston, I liked it back in 2006 and I think I like it even better now.  One thing I never realized is that Boston is a real craft beer town.  Out of all the bars that we went to I don't think any of them had Miller, Cores, or Budweiser on tap, but rather all good beers!  Cool!

We walked around the city and stopped at different bars, bakeries, coffee shops, and restaurants.  All were pretty cool, but the best was probably the beer tasting at Harpoon Brewery.  It was for one hour where they described the beers they had on tap (about 10 or so) and let you try as many as you wanted within that hour.  Most of them were quite good.  Even though Europe has some good beer, I do miss the American craft beers every once in a while.

All in all, good trip as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nack:

I didn't know you were in the country until I read your blog. Too bad we were away when you were in DC. Is this vacation mixed with work?

Uncle David