Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Good Day in Scheveningen and Den Haag






Today was a last minute decision after I got back from the gym this morning to finally go check out Scheveningen which is the (famous) beach town right outside of Den Haag.  It was a great day so I figured, why not?  I WhatsApped Sammy and he ever said he would join me there.

So I hopped on the train, grabbed an ov-fiets (rental bike) and I was there pretty quickly.  So...this beach was way better than Zandvoort and Bloemendaal.  The absolute coolest part though was the Steigenberger Kurhaus Hotel!  Wow, just so old timey and beautiful:


Sammy and I walked around a bit since it was my first time, walked down the pier and were thinking about doing the bungy jumping, but not for €70!  Walked around a bit, had a few beers they he left.  I wandered around some more, took some other puctures, then biked back to Den Haag and wandered around there for a bit.  Happened to run into Sammy again(!) so sat and had a few more beers with him and a friend of his.  After that, it looked like rain so was time to head back.  Altogether, was a nice day.

As usual, all of my Holland pics, most recent at the top:

Holland Sites

No comments: