Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scotland! Edinburgh and a small trip to Stirling


I'm back from my long weekend in Edinburgh, Scotland and I must say that I was impressed with the oldness of the city.  It was very cool to walk around and intresesting to be on vacation and be able to understand everyone around you and all of the signs, packaging since everything is English.

It all started on on Friday morning where we went to the airport and borded an easyjet place headed to Edinburgh.  Easyjet was pretty much what I expected, not all that great but it was not bad so I can't complain.  Landing was another story!  I had a cold and while we were landing there was no way for the pressure to leave my head and it felt like my eyes were about to burst out of my head!  It hurt so bad that tears started to come out of my eyes.  Ariving in Edinburgh, they had really nice airport busses that took us almost directly to our hostle.  The hostle was not so bad, we paid for four beds even though we had three people but that way we ended up with our own room with toilet and shower for really cheap staying right in the middle of the city.

After eating lunch and checking in, we walked around for a bit and started to make a list of things we wanted to do.  We had Mexican for dinner that night and as I experienced before in the UK, it was not all that bad.  We went to a few bars, but but that point the pressure in my head hurt too much so I had to go back and sleep.

The next day I felt much much better!  Luckily for me since we had a lot to do.  Started out visiting the Edinburgh Castle which was nice but the views were really the best part.  Next we had some decent fish and chips and headed off to the Scottish wiskey tour.  We learned all about the wiskey and then got to taste some.  We walked around to a couple stores (they did have some good shopping there.)  Finally we went to dinner at a nice Italian place.  That night basically just going out to many different bars.  They strip club we went to was probably the dumbest strip club I ever went to...

The next day we took the train to Stirling.  It was a nice little city and the train that we took there ran on gas and not electric which was quite strange for Europe I thought.  We walked around and saw some of the sights and then had lunch at a place that seemed like it was going to be really good but ended up being out of pretty much everything and was not all that great.  After ariving back in Edinburgh Erik and Kris wanted to nap.  I of course did not, there was way too much to see!  I ended up getting lost in the city with my camera and have some great pictures to show for it.  Getting lost in a city by yourself with no set direction and no time limit is, for me, the best way to see a city.  That night I tried a Scotish "turkish pizza" and really liked it and we went out to more bars.

The last day we saw the National Museum of Scotland.  The museum itself was pretty nice but the building it was in I liked even better.  We walked around the city a bit more and saw a few more sites and that was about it.

I arrived back at home at about 10 PM and was dead tired!

Update!
I forgot to add the link for picture!  Click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your pictures!
Sounds like a great trip!
XO MOM