Sunday, April 1, 2012

2 Years!

Yep today make it 2 years that I've been living in The Netherlands!  Believe it or not.  I really have two feelings about this:
  1. Wow!  Two years already, I can't believe I've lived in Europe for two years!  Wow, time really goes fast.
  2. Really?  Only two years?  I feel like I've been here much longer!
 I thought it would be fun today to take a look back into the notebook that I used to keep where I would write down all of the words that I did not know (that is what's pictured above).  Funny to read through some of these things now.

So now of course the question is: When are you coming home?  And I think everyone should know by this point that then answer is: I don't know!!  I do not like to plan these kind of things.  Why do I need to have it planned is my question.  There is no use in me saying, "Okay, I'm going to go home on [put in random date here]" that just does not make sense to me.  Why would I plan for something like that when I have no idea what I will be doing at that point in my life.  All I know if that I like living here for now and I am going to stay until I either don't like it anymore, or have a desire to live somewhere else (Pittsburgh or otherwise).  My point is, I am happy where I am at right now, so why make plans to change?  I know there are a lot of people that do not understand how you could possibly not plan things like this, but then again, I am not a lot of other people.  I like living my life spontaneously, and that is how I am going to live it! :)

I wonder where I will be in 2 more year...  Time will only tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not what I want to hear. I hope some day you don't regret staying away from your family and friends for so long. Distance usually has an adverse effect on relationships. Time sometimes does not make the heart grow fonder. I hope that your carefree attitude doesn't cost you missing life experiences that you will never be able to get back - forever as known as "Skypee." Think about it! Love U, Mom