Thursday, March 22, 2012

Time Off

I've lived in Holland now for almost 2 years, it's time I started taking my vacation like a European.  Today and tomorrow I've taken 2 vacation day just because the weather is nice.  No plans, not going anywhere, but just using them to enjoy life instead of wasting away in an office on two of the first warm and sunny days of the year.

How great is it to be able to do that?  I've been so reluctant to just take vacation like this because "what if I need it later?" I just can't get my American (limited vacation days) thought process out of my head.  Well today, that changed and it was great.  I was able to wander around Haarlem in just a T-shirt enjoying the sun, reading a book, having a drink in the square and just breathing in fresh air.

What a great feeling, I need to do this more often.

Tomorrow, Amsterdam, also in the warm sun, biking around to things "I've been meaning to see/do"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fo you, Nick. That's how you're supposed to use vacation days. Just enjoying the time off. I've been wanting to do that for years! I'm glad one of us finally did it. Way to go! XO MOM