Friday, February 3, 2012

Resolution Checkup

Ok, so it's been about a month since I set my resolutions.  Lets see where I stand.
  • Travel more:
    • I am going to take this one seriously.  I my going tomorrow with Matt and Novita for a weekend in Bruges and am looking forward to that.  I am going to try to not let more than a month or two pass without me going somewhere new.
  • French
    • I started.  It's going to be a long road, but at least I've begun.
  • Make new friend
    • This one is on hold at the moment, so far this year has been pretty busy and I am happy about that.  I will however re-evaluate this one later just in case.
  • Better Diet
    • Yes!  This one is working out well.  I am actually eating breakfast (almost) every morning.  It is really hard to do.  Although I am always hungry, the one time that I am not is right after waking up.  Lunch is still difficult because the food selection at work is so unhealthy, but today was the last day for the cafeteria, it will be away for a month or two, and then they say they are going to have more healthy items when they re-open, I hope so.  Dinners have been good.  I do not really buy frozen stuff at all, always fresh meat and a ton of fresh vegetables.  Protein shakes now include fruit and sometimes spinach.  I've already noticed the difference and I like it.  Although with all this good eating, I am definitely spending more money on food, but I think that it is money well spent.  Also started taking fish oil pills as well.
  • Stop biting my nails
    • Yes, still going strong.  I hope it lasts this time, but I'm not sure.  I was so sure of it last time, it lasted for months, then I slipped back into it.  Will try very hard not to let that happen again.
Special Dutch update bonus:
I've been helping this one guy at work with this issue he's been having and will always have to be on the phone with someone in America while I am working with him.  He speaks the whole time in English to the guy on the phone (obviously) and most of the time, when when Dutch people are already speaking English to someone else they will with me too if I'm there at the same time.  This time it was different, English to the guy in America, and Dutch to me, back and forth between the two languages, not really sure how to explain the fealing to someone who hasn't tried to learn a new language before, but this made me feel really accomplished.

No comments: