- Travel more. Mainly more weekend trips and not trying to depend on others to make travel plans. Now that I've been to Prague, I know it's possible to see places on your own.
- Some places I'd like to go include: Scandinavia, Bruges, Mexico, and maybe somewhere else in Eastern Europe
- Make a better effort to learn basic French. With my number of trips to France increasing, I would really like to be able to speak some basic French. I want to dedicate a few hours per week to learning French. My biggest obstacle to overcome here is to get it out of my mind that spending time on French is "wasting" time that I could be using on Dutch.
- Make some new friends. I have some good friends here in Holland already, but I want to make some more who are more into doing the things I want to do, and more willing to go out on a regular basis. Would also be nice to get a few more Dutch friends as well (although international friends are also good.)
- Follow a better diet. Ever since moving to Europe, I have been letting my diet slip. I used to be so conscious about what I ate in the US. While I still do not go crazy here in Europe, I am not at the point where I want to be with it. My main problem here is time and proximity. Time because I now have to commute to work and that takes up a good portion of my day (I did not really have to worry about this so much in Pittsburgh.) Now when I get home I want to scarf down food ASAP and get myself to the gym. Most of the time I will eat whatever I can get fast. Proximity is an issue because at work the only lunch option is the cafeteria which does not serve healthy food and I hate packing my own lunch. My plan is to work on these two points and see where I end up.
- Stop biting my nails. I did such a good job almost 2 years ago with this, now I am back doing it in full force. Stopping with this nasty habit starts NOW!
What are your goals for 2012?