Sunday, November 27, 2011

Prague!


Prague was just as good as I expected it to be.  It was so cool and so old!  There were magnificent buildings everywhere and not just in the center of the city.  Wow, such great great architecture.

It all started out very very early in the morning last Saturday.  As I was walking to the bus to get to the airport, there were actually still people in the bars from the night before!  So yes, I was tired!  At the airport, I was in the plane and all ready to go when they made and announcement saying that hydraulic fluid was leaking and we would have to use another plane.  I was actually kinda glad because then at least I would not be in Prague so early anymore.

Once I made it there, I bought my public transport ticket and was off to the city.  Public transport in Prague is pretty good.  I bought one ticket that worked for three days (from about €10 or so) and it worked on all buses, trams, metros, and even the incline!  Luckily when I got to my hotel really early, they let me check in anyway.  My hotel was right in one of the main squares there.  After I got my stuff in my room, I headed out to explore.  I walked around the center, then crossed the Charles Bridge (built in the 13th century!) and headed up to the castle.  That was a lot of walking but well worth it for the view.  After coming back, I had dinner and was extremely tired from being up so early and then walking all day.  I went to bed early that night.

The next day I started out going up the incline to see a replica of the Eiffel Tower, it was okay, but nowhere near as nice as the one in Paris.  I walked back down and stumbled upon The Museum of Young Art.  I ended up deciding to go in and was really glad I did.  It was very interesting and was in an old palace.  After that I had coffee at one of Prague's famous old grand caf├ęs called Kavárna Obecní Dům.  The place was pretty nice and I had a nice relaxing snack.  That day I also had a traditional Czech meal of roast duck, potato dumplings, and red cabbage.  It was awesome.  The night, I went to go see some black light theater which apparently originated in Prague.  It was cool.  Everything was done in black lights and some people would wear all black clothing and carry things making it look like things were floating.  I saw "Rock Therapy"which was a show about The Beatles.

My last day, I walked around a bit more and saw the old train station which was cool and a modern building called "Dancing Houses" (translated to English):

Then I got a Thai massage.  It was nice but very different from the Swedish ones that most people are used to.  Check it out some time if you come across one.  I did some more walking around to see some sites and then ended by having an awesome dinner at a French restaurant.

All in all, I really liked Prague and was glad I decided to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are cool-I can't wait to see more. So glad you had such a great trip. So happy that you got back safely! XO MOM