Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just do it, Don't wait

Last night I finally booked my trip to Prague.  I've been wanting to do this for a while now.  At first I was so set on finding other people to go with me, but no one either wanted to or was able, so then I thought, maybe I will wait.  But I continued to look around at flights.  Then I was not able to get the absolute lowest price anymore which I did not like, so I thought I would wait.  Then things started to get more expensive, so then I thought I would put it off or just go somewhere else.  But then the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much time I was wasting by trying to make everything perfect and turn out exactly the way I wanted it.  And by wasting all of that time I lost focus on the fact that I wanted to go to Prague, the details really should not matter (too much anyway.)  So last night, I got home from work and said to myself, "Nick, you want to go to Prague, so lets just do this."  I booked the ticket and I am going!
No I am not going with someone, and no I did not get the €99 price, but you know what, I got a decent price, and I am still going to have a good time even though it is by myself.


Moral of the story, don't wait around for other people, or wait for things to be perfect, otherwise you will be waiting around for a long time.  Live life to it's fullest, NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nack,

I was in Prague in 1997 I think. The is an old clock tower there that puts on a show with mechanical puppets up and down it's length that is classic. There is also an old bridge aross the Danube that is of interest. I was only there for two days and that's about all I can remember. The food especially the Czech food doesn't begin to measure up to Paris. Expect dumplings with cabbage and sour cream with every meal. The beer (Pilsner) is beyond great and was invented and still brewed in nearby Pilsn.

Uncle Dave