Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rested

Hi!  I'm finally done with all of my vacations/business trips (at least for a while) and have gotten back into the swing of things over the last week.  I plan on writing about my experiences soon over a few posts since I have a lot to talk about.  But for now, I will talk about my weekend.

Saturday I decided to use my all day train ticket that I bought in August from the grocery store for only €14!  The ticket is good for one day to ride the train as much as you want anywhere in the country!  What a deal.  I ended up on purpose and randomly while underway selecting:
All were very nice but I really ended up liking Eindhoven.  I would not have even considered this, but recently I read in the paper that Eindhoven ranked this year as having the best binnenstad (center of the city) in the Netherlnads.  I can see why it won, it was pretty cool to walk around in.

In Gouda I of course tried cheese and ended up buying green cheese!  I it wasabi flavored cheese and is awesome.  Still got some in my fridge.

After all that traveling around, I was dead tired and stayed on the couch and watched the discovery channel all night...

Today I went to Batavia Stad Outlets.  This was the first time I've been to outlets in over 1.5 years.  They were pretty nice.  It did take a while to get there but was a nice day out since the sun was shining all day.  I bought a few things but nothing major.  I even ate at Subway also for the first time in a very long time.  It was really good!!

That's it for now.  Stay tuned for vacation storied and pics.

No comments: