Monday, October 17, 2011

The Fam in Europe


So the fam finally made it to Europe to come see me.  Mom, dad, Mike, and Lyndsie all came.  When they first arrived, we hung out in Haarlem and in Amsterdam.

Next we drive to Eindhoven to fly to Italy on RyanAir.  We went to visit our cousins who have a house there.  They were great hosts.  We got to eat and drink a lot of good food and wine, and even get to see an unexpected country while we were there!  San Marino is a city state that is located within Italy.  It was a cool little country that existed only at the top of a mountain.  The one day we went to the beach (it was 5 minute walk from their house) and I got stung by a jelly fish!  That was the first time that ever happened to me.  Really, I did not know what happened, I thought I brushed up against something but I did not see anything.  When I got out of the water, it started to hurt, then get red, then finally swell up.  After a few days it went away, and then about a week later it came back in full force!  Now it is finally gone, but that was crazy.

We even got to see Vila Santa Maria the village where Bruna and my grandfather's family came from.  It was pretty interesting to see this place since I've hear about it since when I was little.


I also took the fam to Antwerp on the train for a day.  It was really cool to see Antwerpen Centraal Station which is said to be one of the most beautiful train stations in the world, and I can see why!  I think they really ended up liking Belgium.

Finally we got back to Holland for one last day of their stay.  They got to meet Cory and Novita and then we went to Sumo for dinner.  At the end, I think they were pretty ready to go back but I hope they had a good time because I enjoyed having them.  Sorry there are no fam pics, I'm still waiting for them to send them to me.

No comments: