Sunday, August 28, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Hi, and first of all sorry that it's been so long since my last real post.  I need to get back into blogging more regularly for all of my avid readers/fans ;-)

It's still pretty cold and rainy here as it has been all summer :(  I am really hoping for an "Indian  Summer" when I am on vacation in September/October.  It would be great since I have so many people coming to visit me if the weather is nice.

I guess I haven't been blogging too much because I am spending quite a bit of time on Dutch (as usual.)  I kinda have a system now of things that I am doing and I just get right into it when I have free time.  If your interested, my current method goes something like this:

  • Do chapters in my CODE 2 book
  • Always write down words I don't know at all times wherever I am
    • Make flash cards of all compiled words
    • Learn the cards by seeing the Dutch and saying the English
    • Learn the cards by seeing the English and saying the Dutch
  • Talk to as many people as possible in Dutch
    • At Meetup (almost every week)
    • At work
    • Around town
    • Where ever else
  • Read Dutch books (real ones now, not kids)
But, ya, I want to make more time for blogging again.

Today I made polenta for the first time.  It was pretty good I must say.  I of course did not just make it plain... I spiced it up and also added chicken sausage!  Yum.  and the best part, I still have some for tomorrow.

Only 2.5 weeks of work left until a nice long vacation.  Looking forward to it for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty insightful. Thanks!

My site:
rachat de credit rachatdecredit.net

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have tasted that polenta. It sounded delicious! XO Mom