It's still pretty cold and rainy here as it has been all summer :( I am really hoping for an "Indian Summer" when I am on vacation in September/October. It would be great since I have so many people coming to visit me if the weather is nice.
I guess I haven't been blogging too much because I am spending quite a bit of time on Dutch (as usual.) I kinda have a system now of things that I am doing and I just get right into it when I have free time. If your interested, my current method goes something like this:
- Do chapters in my CODE 2 book
- Always write down words I don't know at all times wherever I am
- Make flash cards of all compiled words
- Learn the cards by seeing the Dutch and saying the English
- Learn the cards by seeing the English and saying the Dutch
- Talk to as many people as possible in Dutch
- At Meetup (almost every week)
- At work
- Around town
- Where ever else
- Read Dutch books (real ones now, not kids)
But, ya, I want to make more time for blogging again.
Today I made polenta for the first time. It was pretty good I must say. I of course did not just make it plain... I spiced it up and also added chicken sausage! Yum. and the best part, I still have some for tomorrow.
Only 2.5 weeks of work left until a nice long vacation. Looking forward to it for sure!