Thursday, June 30, 2011

Français!? Whaaaat???


So, the other night right after I got back from France, I decided that I wanted to learn French!  I am going to be there a lot over the next few months and would like to at least be able to communicate a little bit in French.  And...I already started learning it!  I know, I know, "But Nick, you're learning Dutch now, I thought you didn't want to learn two languages at once, and what about Italian?"

Yes these are all true points, but still none the less, let me address those:
  1. Yes I am still learning Dutch and I said that I don't want to learn two languages at once, but, if you keep putting things off, you are never going to do them.  And besides, I can communicate pretty okay in Dutch now.  It is by no means perfect, but some days, I am actually satisfied with myself now...some days! ;)
  2. Italian, yes, I think it is a really cool language and would love to learn it, but right now, French is more important and useful to me at the moment.  I will not say that I don't want to learn Italian, I'm just saying I will put it off for a bit.  But even with that said, I'm going to Italy now in September so it would be nice/polite to learn a bit before going.
But ya, French is crazy so far, there are so many strange things that can happen to words like how they combine with another or have silent letters and all this other stuff, but you know what?  That's okay I'll figure it out.  And, unlike Dutch, I really don't care to really good at French.  I don't live in France so this will be something that I am going to do when I have time and when I feel like it, no pressure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Très cool. Allez-y, mec!

Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

You can do anything you set your mind to do. You are so smart! You will have French mastered in no time. . .XO MOM