Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm 27!


So somehow I turned 27 today!  Does that officially put me in my late 20s or does that start at 28?  Hmmm, I think 28, right?  Seriously though, I don't mind turning 27, I'm happy with life and healthy so that's all that should matter, right?

Last night I went out with some friends to a few bars in Haarlem and had a pretty good time.  Today was a beautiful day and I spent a good amount of it outside.  I got some reading done on my Kindle and washed my car for the first time since I bought it in October.  I also went to the gym.  I am pretty psyched because I have a workout partner again for the first time since Shawn and I used to workout together at Trees.  Kris joined clubsportive for 50 days as a trail and so far he has been really good about coming almost every day with me.  It is nice to have someone to go with again and to put myself more that I usually do.  Hope he ends up staying past those 50 days.

Today I also made my favorite cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with chopped peanuts and cinnamon.  In Holland you have to bring in food for people on your birthday, not the other way around.  So I am not bringing cake like most people end up bringing, I am bringing in real chocolate chip cookies to show these Dutch people what a real cookie is all about. :-)  I am looking forward to seeing what they have to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, age 27 is the beginning of your late twenties.
Those cookies sound tasty. Happy Birthday!

Aunt Chris

Anonymous said...

You are a very young 27...but the numbers don't matter - it's how you look & feel.I know you're feeling good and I think you look wonderful so Happy Birthday again. I know everyone will love your cookies.They are the best! 26 more days...can't wait! XOMom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nack. Go have an Amstel or Heineken on me. Personally, I would prefer a Beck's Dark, New Castle, or a Flying Dog Amber Lager myself in that order.