Monday, December 20, 2010

Coming Home

It was so cool coming back home for the first time in 8 1/2 months.  Flying over New Jersey (on the way to Philly) was cool just because I was seeing America!

When we landed in Philly, the first English I heard was from two ghetto women who worked at the airport on the Jetway.  I was thinking to myself "I'm home!"

The line for security in Philly was crazy and I though I might miss my flight to Pittsburgh, but I ended up making it in enough time.  On the plane to Pittsburgh when I got my drink I was thinking, wow, this is really cold.  Then I realized, OMG, the cup is full of ice!  Once we were over Pittsburgh, it was almost magical seeing everything.  I had a huge smile on my face.  When I stepped into the airport I was so happy.  I ran down to baggage claim and saw my dad, it was a great feeling.

As we were driving back home I told him it almost feels like I never left.

This weekend I spent pretty much in Pittsburgh hanging out with my friends.  It was really nice to get to see them all.  The strange thing is more and more every day that I am home, it really feels like I never left.  Everything is almost just how I left it.  I feel right at home and already really disconnected from The Netherlands.  Strange, I was not expecting that, but o well, it's nice to feel at home and like I belong for a change.

I've been eating Mexican food, drinking good coffee, and ordering in English this whole time so far.  It's pretty great!  :-)

No comments: