Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am Thankful


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Unfortunately, I am writing this from work even though against popular American belief, (at least most who I've talked to) Thanksgiving is NOT celebrated outside of the US.  I know this is hard for most of you to belief, but alas, it is true.

I just wanted to take a quick moment to list some of the things that I am thankful for, because there is a lot this year.

I am thankful for:
  • Having this awesome opportunity to live and work in Europe and get to experience a bunch of new things and see the world from a totally new prospective.
  • Meeting wonderful new friends who have made this experience even better.
  • Traveling all around Europe and getting to see things that most Americans can only dream about for relatively cheep.
  • Having family and friends at home who still love me and support me.  I think about them often and can't wait to see them all in December.
  • Being successful in the fact that I can do pretty much whatever I want when I want to do it.  I am by no means rich, but am happy with the fact that I have what I need, and that is all that I want.
  • Being healthy.
On a side note, I will be cooking American Thanksgiving for my European friends next weekend.  That should be fun.

Now I want to know what you are thankful for.  Leave me some comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to having a son like you. Can't wait for you to come home, 16 more days. Love Dad.