Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happiness

:-)  | :-(

From as far back as I can remember, I was never happy with who I was or what I had.  I always wanted to be someone else or have more things.  Still to this day I have issues with this.  It never seems to matter to me how successful I am or all of the good things that I have in my life, from time to time, I will just sit and dwell on what other people have and think about how much better other people are than me.  I hate feeling this way because deep down, I know I have a good life, filled with great memories and people who care for me, but I don't know, sometimes I feel like it's not enough and I am missing something.  I really don't want to get into a lot of details right now, but it is just strange, I am a happy, healthy, and successful person yet I always see other people as being better than me, I can never be good enough to be happy with myself.  There is always someone who I feel is better than me.  I guess this could be a good thing because I am always trying to make myself better because of it, but at the same time, it is really tiring.  I need to start being happy with who I am and not worry about everyone else, but at least for me, that is way easier said than done.  Even though it is going to be hard, I am going to try to make it a point not to worry about this stuff anymore.  Let's see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nack, If i didn't know better it seems to me that it might be time to share your life, successful or otherwise with some lucky significant other! Ahhhh! I can't believe i suggested that! Forget I mentioned it.
You're living the dream, Nack. Enjoy it while you can.

Your uncle from MD.