Friday, October 22, 2010

First Boring Night in NL

Well, tonight is my first boring night in NL.  Not bad for being here for 6.5 months.  I kinda wanted to do something tonight but everyone was busy so I ended up watching Boondock Saints 2.  The movie was okay, but not as good as the first.

Although this is the first night I've had like this for a long time, it still kinda sucks.  I hope this does not turn into a normal thing now.  I feel very strange right now, almost like something has changed here but I'm not exactly sure what.  Maybe it is just that the novelty of living in Europe is wearing off.  Don't get me wrong, I still like it here, but for some reason it is not the same anymore.  Maybe it is just that everyone is busy with other things right now (including myself,) but I just want to have a fun carefree night, not thinking about work, language, or anything else but having fun like we used to.

One thing I am really looking forward to is Erin coming.  That will be a nice change of pace.  It will be so nice to see a familiar face, and have someone come to visit me.  I might be more excited about her coming that she is about coming here.  We are talking about doing a lot of things so it should be a really fun week.

I'm sorry these last couple of posts have been kinda blahh, but I just feel like I am in the grind right now.  I need some excitement in my life again, or at least just some time to sit and hang out with friends.  Right now, I pretty much do the following: work, study Dutch, work, study Dutch, work, study Dutch, etc.

I am going to Karaoke tomorrow night and have been looking forward to that all week.  I'm hoping to go out and not worry about anything else.  Should be a good time.

No comments: