Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeling Okay

The last couple weeks have pretty much been a whirlwind.  People coming and going from the US, lots going on with the datacenter, trips to other countries, entertaining guests, it has been non-stop!

Tonight starts my vacation.  I leave for Poland tomorrow.  I have no idea what to expect, but am hoping for a good time.  This will be my first time in Eastern Europe and am looking forward to seeing what is different there.  So far are plans are to go to a party that the Cap helpdesk is having for us, see Auschwiz, possibly shoot AK-47s, eat pierogies and kielbasa, drink Polish vodka and beer, and who knows what else.  This will be a nice break from work, especially after finding out that the whole datacenter has to be ripped out and started over again...

When I return, it will be basically square one with the datacenter the same way it was when I returned from Tenerife.

Also tonight, I had to long overdue talk with a friend and feel much better.  My new goal is to not let shit build up over time and work things out immediately when they happen.  Probably easier said than done for me, but I'll give it a go.  Anyway I'm glad I had the talk and feel like I removed a big weight that's been on my shoulders for a little while.

So overall, I am feeling pretty okay tonight :)

No comments: