Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two more Days!!

Only two more days until my holiday is finally here!  Yesterday, Kris and I setup his tent in the playground to make sure it was ready for Lowlands since it was broken before.  We figured it out and it should be ready to go.

Thursday we are leaving work, dropping our work stuff off at home and heading straight to Lowlands.  Lowlands is the biggest music festival in the Netherlands and lasts for three days.  Apparently it is somewhat like Woodstock.  There is going to be about 60,000 people there staying in tents listening to music from 11:30 AM until 5:00 AM every day.  It is going to be crazy and I am looking forward to it.  After Lowlands, we get home (very) early Monday morning, try to sleep for a while and then meet up with Erik to go catch out plane to Tenerife in the afternoon.

We will be in Tenerife (the largest of the Canary Islands) for about two weeks.  While there, I will get certified as a PADI open water scuba diver, that should be really cool.  I also am going to go surfing for the first time.  I hope Kris is a good teacher, but I know either way I am going to make an ass of myself.  The rest of the time will consist of relaxing on the beach, going out, sightseeing, and doing nothing.  It is going to be a nice change of pace for sure!

There has been a slight change of plans with Oktoberfest, we waited too long to book so it was too expensive.  Instead we are going to Kraków, Poland.

It is going to be an exciting next couple of months, here is what's planned (so far):

  • Lowlands
  • Tenerife
  • Paris Pub Crawl / Weekend in Paris
  • Probably Paris again for work
  • Belgium Weekend / Pub crawl
  • Kraców
Did I mention that I love Europe?  ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great time. Take alot of pics and stay in touch if possible. Be careful. I'll be thinking about you. XO Mom
P.S. Don't love Europe so much...lol

Anonymous said...

I don't see why you're so excited about your upcoming "holiday" when in fact your entire stay in Holland so far has been nothing less than a vacation "holiday"!

Just kidding Nack! have a great time and be thankful for the opportunity to do all this stuff.

your uncle