Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It was much better today

Day two worked out to be much better in my switch to Dutch.  Thank you everyone who gave suggestions.  Here is what I did today:

  • Did not limit myself to Dutch only, there was too much silence and not enough learning yesterday.  Not to mention it made the day way less fun.
  • Brought a notebook (thanks Anya!) and wrote down things that I heard and things that I wanted to know. I was able to review this during the day and again tonight.  Made me feel like I actually learned something today.
  • I spoke in Dutch, or a least tried to, many times with everyone who would listen and then correct me.  Thanks again guys!
Overall I just had a much better feeling throughout the day and am hopeful that things will just keep getting better as I am sure they will.

No comments: