Saturday, July 31, 2010

BBQ and Pub Crawl


Last night was pretty fun.  I had a bunch of people over for a BBQ (finally got to use my back yard for this!) and then we went on a dive bar crawl of Haarlem.  Everyone brought food over for the BBQ and it turned out to be a lot of good food and tons of alcohol.  I had a good mix of people from all different countries.  One thing that I was not anticipating was drinking so much at the BBQ.  I though we would pretty much save that for the bar crawl.  Ha, I was wrong.  I started with some wine then switched to beer.  At the end of the BBQ, Wouter opened the Polish vodka he brought for everyone to take a shot.

Once we finally made it out, we started getting a beer at each bar, but of course it did not stay that simple, at on bar we had a tequila shot and then at the very next bar we had a Jaegermister shot.  I did not even remember the Jaeger shot until I read Alena's status message today on Facebook...

At the one bar there was a newspaper sitting on the table so I thought it would be fun to tach Julia some Dutch, (like I knew what I was talking about...ya right!)  I like the French person Dutch accent :-)

Finally we just decided to go to Steels and dance for a bit.  We ended up staying until they closed.  On the way back home for some reason, some people in our group decided to lay in the bike lane.  Then the cops came over and told us to go home.  I just remember that I kept saying "Wij gaan thuis!" "Wij gaan thuis!"(not the best grammar, I know)

Today I woke up to find a bunch of pictures on my camera!  They were pretty funny, glad I took the camera.

Today sucked I laid on the couch most of the day then still had to clean up.  Needless to say I am not doing anything tonight!

I think the BBQ/bar crawl was a success but next time definitely one or the other...not both!  Thanks to everyone who came and made food.

1 comment:

Wouter &Ola said...

Whaha! It was a good party Nick! We had tons of fun!

Wouter & Ola

P.s.
Next time we'll stay for the pub crawl :-p