Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was a nice change of pace, I had no real plans but that was a good thing.  After all of the activities last weekend and going out on Thursday for voetbal, taking it easy was nice.

Friday I basically just came home, made a makeshift (didn't feel like going to the store to get the proper ingredients) burrito because we were talking about Mexican food all day at work.  Then I just sat on the couch all night :-)

Saturday I when to the gym and then decided to go car shopping, I found a place in Haarlem that has decently priced cars and have a couple in the running:


your thoughts on these cars would be much appreciated.

Then, I found a grocery store that reminded me of an American grocery store due to it's size.  I was glad to find it but could not buy much because my bike does not have a basket (yet.)  They also had two shelved labeled "Amerikaanse."  It is funny to see what the Dutch consider "American:

  • Marshmallows
  • Marshmallow Fluff
  • Mountain Dew
  • Betty Crocker mix
  • Skippy peanut butter
  • Peanut Brittle
I can't remember everything but it was funny.

Saturday night I had great all you can eat sushi with Kris at Sumo.  Mmmmmm!  Wow was I full though.

Today I went to my first MyHarrlem event.  MyHaarlem is an expat group where people not from Holland get together to do things and meet other people.  There was supposed to be blues music in the botermarkt today and we were going to have lunch on the terrace to watch but for some reason there was no music.  Lunch was still nice and I enjoyed getting to meet some people.  After that some of us went to watch the England vs. Germany voetbal match at an Irish pub.  It was a great game at least the first half, things were pretty even.  The greatest part though was everyone in the whole bar was speaking ENGLISH and the TV was even on BBC!!!  It was so great to understand everything I heard for almost the entire day.  Really made my day.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Skip the Peugeaut:
"According to some sources the 307 suffers from below average build quality and reliability, it was placed 158th out of 159 cars in United Kingdom tested in the Top Gear Survey of 2005[1]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_307

Anonymous said...

I worked with a couple of French guys who would make fun of Peugeauts.