Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Weekend in Review

This weekend was good.  It started with the PPG (Ex-SigmaKalon?) volleyball tournament at The Beach, which is an indoor/outdoor sand volleyball place.  My team was three guys from work that I knew and two women that I just met and our uniform was pink polo shirts with black shorts.  We played six game in the tournament.  Apparently, I did not know how to play very well, I guess playing volleyball at high school graduation parties does not count as good experience...
After a few games I got better and our team started to play together better as well.  We ended up winning 3 games and losing three games.  It was a pretty good time though.  Next I'm looking forward to the PPG tennis tournament next month.  I hear this one is a lot of fun.  It's too bad PPG US does not have any kind of fun sports games like this for employees.

Saturday ended up being a beautiful day (before the rain anyway.)  I did some shopping in the early afternoon and decided it was too nice out to go to the gym so I decided to try and find the fietspad (bike path) that runs along the train tracks.  I ended up finding it and saw some beautiful Holland countryside along the way.  Here are two pictures that really do not do the sites any justice, you really had to be there, it was something to see.

As you can see from the pictures it was getting ready to rain so I had to cut the ride short, but I am definitely looking forward to going back and riding further on a nicer day.  I'll probably end up riding to Amsterdam.
After the bike ride I went home and rested some because the Head Kandi party on the Oceandiva in Amsterdam was that night.  It was from 11 to 5 so I wanted to make sure I was well rested.  The party was pretty fun, it was a shame it was so cold though because we only stayed outside for a little bit once the boat set sail.  It was a good time, but we ended up staying almost until the end and I was dead tired.  After we got to Central Station, I realized that I had no idea where to pickup the Haarlem night bus!  It was already 5 am and getting light out at this point and the first train was not coming until 6:45.  I just ended up taking the bus back to Erik's and crashing on the couch until this morning.

Today it was rainy and cold.  I felt like doing nothing so I just chilled at home for the day.  Nice and restful.

No comments: