Thursday, April 8, 2010

Been here a Week

I've been living here for a week now and here are my general thoughts so far:
  • I do not like living in hotels
  • Everyone here knows 25 languages and I can't even learn a second
  • It is frustrating not to now what people are saying but I don't want to make them speak in English, I want to learn.  For example when I go to a store or restaurant, I try to do everything with Dutch for practice.
  • There are daffodils everywhere
  • It has not warmed up here like it has in Pittsburgh yet, it's okay in the sun but when the wind blows...het is koud (it is cold!)
  • I like wearing jeans to work everyday
  • It's nice to only pay between €2,00 and €4,00 for lunch
  • I miss the gym and feel gross because I haven't been there is so long
    • At least there is going to be a gym close to me once I move in to my apartment
  • I miss knowing girls
  • I like the people I work with
  • Dutch food is (for the most part) better than American, less preservatives and additives and more natural, therefore better tasting.
  • I can't wait until it's warm enough to go to the beach
  • Think I'm drinking too much free work "espresso"
  • I'm glad I got approved for the 30% tax ruling
  • Am looking forward to my second birthday in Europe

This was a pretty random list, but my life is pretty random right now.

No comments: