Saturday, March 6, 2010

My New Apartment

Yesterday my relocation agent, Dorte, and I drove all around Haarlem looking for an apartment for me.  We looked at 11 different places that ranged from really small to pretty big.  I even looked at one in Haarlem's Red Light District!  I can't believe how common it is for Dutch apartment not to come with an oven!  In the end, I really liked the one I saw on Duvenvoordestraat and Dorte agreed.  It was a really good deal and its only a couple blocks away from the center.  I got way more than I ever thought I was going to get.  I have a living room, terrace, awesome kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a desk/work area, and an extra little area.  There is even a hookup for a washer and dryer!  I can't wait to have my own washer and dryer. The apartment should be mine April 1 but I still have to sign all the paper work next week so I hope there doesn't turn out to be any issues.  Here are some pictures of the place:
This is the living room with view of the terrace.  Notice the glass ceiling.

The outside.  That little red room is the second bedroom.  Yes there is also a way to get to it from inside.

 This is part of my red kitchen.

This is my loft style bedroom.

I'm pretty excited about moving in!

No comments: