Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Vacation

Christmas vacation was a nice break from work.  I got to see a lot of people that I don't normally get to see.

After work on Wednesday, I went to Ohio for Bowmaster's party since Shawn was home for Christmas.  We had a pretty good time and had quite a random night after we left the bar to say the least.

Christmas Eve, I got back home and make the eggnog for later that night for Sylvia's house.  I love homemade eggnog...nothing like what you buy in a carton.  After that was made, I headed over to Frick Park where the big hill is over by the big blue slide.  There I went sled riding with Anne, Christian, and Mary.  It was pretty fun, I haven't done that is such a long time.  The hill was a sheet of ice because of everyone riding on it all week long, and the sleds they had were perfectly smooth on the bottom.  We flew down that hill like crazy.  The hill was so slippery that you could basically "ski" down the hill with just your shoes.  I did a little bit, but not on purpose!  This one woman was trying to stop herself and finally fell over 1/2 way down the hill, then only thing was, she fell into her sled and took off the rest of the way down.  I came home took a shower and went to Sylvia and Keith's for a good dinner.  We didn't quite have seven fishes this year, but it was still really good and a lot of food.

Christmas day was nice.  We had opened presents and had dinner with Meem, Pap, and Bill.  After that we went to Danny and Donna's for the annual Christmas family get together.  I got to see Maria for the first time since her wedding, and her two kids.  They were both a lot of fun.

The day after Christmas was spent shopping with the fam in Greensburg...probably the worst place ever to shop.  I tried to convince them to go to North Hills or at least Monroeville, but it was a no go.  That night Denny had a bunch of people over for the Meineke Car Car Bowl were Pitt beat UNC!  Saw a lot of people that night that I haven't seen in years.

Yesterday I had lunch with Sara at Boulevard bistro in Oakmost.  It was pretty good and was nice to see Sara.  She is another one I haven't seen since her wedding!  After that, I had a bunch of crap to do, gym (much needed,) groceries, and laundry.

This week is going to be so boring at work.  Most people are not here and I have absolutely nothing on my calendar all week!  I hate working the week between Christmas and New Years.

Still looking for a cheep ticket to Las Vegas for New Years Eve...

No comments: