Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend in Ohio

I spent the weekend at Shawn's new apartment in Mansfield, Ohio that he is sharing with his cousin. I had a good time while I was there even though the weather was terrible and never went over 71! It was 59 on Sunday morning! We for the most part just hung out and played drinking games like corn hole and asshole. Here is a picture I must have taken at some point:


On the way home I decided to take route 30 the whole way home instead of going on the boring ass interstates. This was a much better idea. Yes it did take about 15 to 20 minutes longer but not only was the drive shorter mileagewise, but it was much more enjoyable. I got to drive in and out of small towns in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. There was a lot to look at and I even stopped at a diner in Ohio to eat.

When I got home I was supposed to go to Anne's for a Mexican dinner but her kids were sick so she had to cancel. I ended up going on a two hour walk instead. I started out at Frick Park at the Beechwood Boulevard entrance right after it stops running parallel to Forbes. I walked around through the paths and ended up by the dog park. I messed around on the rings a little (see previous post,) and started to walk home. I did not make it far when I decided I should go check out Summerset at Frick Park, the new housing development that is supposed to reflect a traditional community. It had some pretty cool views:

(my least favorite road)


(Homestead)

I really liked that there were no driveways or garages in the front of the houses. They all had alleys in the back where people parked. I think it makes things much nicer that way. Another cool thing that these houses had that new ones hardly ever do was porches. This was a pretty cool neighborhood but they forgot one thing that traditional communities have, a business district. If it was not for the fact that you can't really walk to anything from this community I would say that it would be a cool place to consider living.

I was pretty tired after all that walking so that was pretty much it for the night.

No comments: