Monday, August 17, 2009

"Real Person" Again

My first week back to work went pretty well. I feel like I am already back into the swing of things. I am really liking Gold's and that I get to go during work (even though I have to skip lunch or leave an hour later...it is worth it!) On Friday, my director came in to my office and told me that he already has an HCI type project he wants me to work on! It was the project that PPG was supposed to sponsor for CMU but never actually happened. He said they put the project on hold until I came back and we are going to talk about getting started on it soon. This may be a bit of a challenge since I am the only HCI person there but I am looking forward to trying it out.

This weekend Shawn was is town and I hung out with him on Friday and Saturday night. Friday night we went out in Southside. I (finally) got drunk and I'm not gonna lie, it felt good!

Saturday was great, I did not have any plans nor did I have to worry about doing anything! I took it easy and went to a drive out to IKEA. Driving on the highway with the top down, the music blasting, and the sun shining was just a great feeling, especially because there was nothing else on my mind. We went out again on in Southside that night but first we hung out at Kara's. We sat around drinking outside while listening to drunk Hanna stories haha.

Today I had to get up early to go into work to upgrade one of our systems. Everything went as planned so I headed to the gym then to Sandcastle with Carry. I got a bit of my tan back so I was happy about that. Then later on, Caroline that used to live in the apartment below my had a BBQ. I did not know anyone there but her but I ended up having a pretty good time. I made grape salad. I love that stuff, prefect summer desert.

This week I am looking forward to:
  • Maybe going to see an old friend
  • Booking a Florida flight
  • Bridget's return to the Burgh
  • Ohio visit next weekend to Shawn's new place with a pool
  • A PPG Monroeville trip (maybe)

No comments: