Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweatpants on the Forth of July!?

Thursday night I did end up going to Austintown. We went to a couple local bars and was pretty fun. The one bar had 30 cent wings and they were surprisingly really hot. Mmmm, they were good. The cool things about the bars in Ohio is there is no smoking at all, I really liked that. Some how I ended up smelling like smoke the next day though...

Now Shawn is moved out of his Oakland apartment and back in Ohio. I can't believe he's gone already. I am going to miss that kid. We had some good times over the last seven years that I've known him since being my freshman year roommate. Although we weren't great friends the whole time, the last four or so years we were and I am going to miss that. Even though I am loosing a best friend, I wish him luck now that he's finally in the working world. Hopefully we will keep in touch and still be friends as time goes on.

Yesterday I had the day off from school for the Independence Day holiday. I woke up around 8:30 at Shawn's house to drive back to PA to meet Carrie for Sandcastle. I decided to put the GPS on "avoid highways" to make for a more interesting ride. The drive ended up being a little bit longer but was worth it because I got to see a lot more than just highway the whole time. I think I am going to use that feature more often now. When I got back, Carrie came to pick me up and it was raining and freezing cold. We got to Sandcastle rode each slide (~30 minutes) and left. After I got home the weather got much nicer...go figure. I went to Skibo for a short workout, came home and took a much needed nap. Then it was time to get ready for dinner in Monroeville with Megan, Justin, and Bridget. We went to some place that brewed their own beer. It was pretty good. I got some brown nut beer...good stuff. They probably had about 20 different kinds. Megan even got a strawberry shortcake beer! We went back to Meg and Justin's to drink some wine and play with Nikki then decided to go to Charley's for ice cream, it was good as usual. I was glad I got to meet Bridget. She seems like a cool girl and am looking forward to getting to know her better.

Today I went to my grandma's since Uncle David, Aunt Chris, and Nate were in town. I had a nice little visit with them. It's been a while since the last time I saw them. Now that I am back home, the clouds seam to have taken over the sky again and it is yet again cold. I am wearing sweatpants! What the hell is wrong with the weather? I want it to be hot! Tonight Erin is coming over and we are going to see the fireworks Downtown and we may meet up with some people from school. May go out after that...who knows.

Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Petroula.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.