Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Birthday

Well, my birthday turned out to be pretty good. The only complaint that I have is that I drank too much the night before. I started out at Hofbräuhaus and had a bunch of the big beers there. The YPO bought me a shotski of Jager and had the guy sing happy birthday to me. The only problem with getting sung happy birthday to was the guy was not singing to me! When the people at my table told me to stand up they thought the guy was singing happy birthday to me but he was really singing to "Steve," so I guess Steve is my new name at the YPO.
After Hofbräuhaus we went to the new South Side 86 (formerly Locker room.) Apparently this was my downfall. I did not even think we were there for that long but after hearing stories the next day I found out we were and people bought me a bunch of shots. I never usually do shots so I’m pretty sure this was my problem. After we were done there I was walking back with Shawn to Kara’s house to sleep on her couch when we passes Red and Irene’s. He talked me in to going inside where we had a couple cans of Miller Lite. Kathy was there and I got a hug from her so that was nice. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture though.
The next day I woke up and decided it was time to go home. I opened the door, it was raining...great...I had to walk to the other side of Southside to get my car and my hoodie was in the car. After I made it back to my car cold and wet, I went home and returned to bed. Unfortunately I wasted most of the day in bed until it was time to get a family picture at Westmoreland Mall. The pictures actually turned out pretty nice. On my way home I started to think about what I wanted to do for my actual birthday night. I could not imagine drinking anymore, but a bunch of people were coming out for my birthday so I had to. We ended up in the Southside again but I did not drink much at all and was pretty lame. I’m sorry to the people who came out for not being very fun. Thanks to all of the people who did come out on each night for making my birthday fun. I had a good time and appreciated the drinks.
One more thing, I found out Lauren is a long lost cousin of mine. Her great grandmother is my great aunt. Small world!

No comments: