Thursday, March 19, 2009

Overdue Update

The rest of my training went well.  I feel like I really learned a lot about BlackBerry and I am glad that I will know a little bit more about what is going on when people at work are talking about the BES.  Last wednesday was a great day ~80 degrees!  I took a walk around Downtown Raleigh to see the sights.  After coming home I looked online for an ice-cream place and drove to go get some.  It was pretty good.  Amanda ended up not coming on Thursday so I took a trip to the Carolina Premium Outlets.  They were not so premium.  I then drove to some mall which was cool and I found a good place to eat dinner, plus the bar tender was cute there too ;-)

Friday we got out of class early so I went to the airport early in hopes that I could get an earlier flight to Pittsburgh.  The woman told me that flights to Pittsburgh were booked through Tuesday...WTF?  I ended up having to wait in the airport for 4 hours!  And even then I had to go to Philly first before I got to Pittsburgh.  Below is a picture taken from my room in the hotel.  It looks in the opposite direction from downtown.
I rushed back home from the airport and met HER at my place.  He was staying for the weekend.  We had a good time even though we had to time to do anything on Friday night.  We got up early for the parade on Saturday.  The whole parade was a disaster, at least until we got in to Market Square.  The entire parade route was blocked off this year and you could not cross the street to get to the square.  After we went the whole way around we found out they were carding, stamping hands, charging $1, and putting bracelets on people going in to Market Square.  The bad part about it was there was only 2 guys doing it.  It took forever to get in.  What a stupid idea!  We finally made it in and started to drink green beer.  We met my brother and later met Carrie.  Here is a pic of me and my brother:

I luckily brought my PPG ID with me so that I did not have to wait in line for the port-a-potties...I was so glad to have it!  On the way back home we saw the Red Bull car and got free Red Bull, cool!

Saturday night we went out to dinner with Megan and Justin to a Chinese place in Squirrel Hill, it was pretty good.  Everyone hung out at my place after.  We ended up not even going out that night.

Sunday HER and I headed to Trees for a much needed workout.  He had my do cardio too even though that is all I did in North Carolina.  Sunday night we went to my grandma's to pick up my car that got inspected while I was away.  It ended up costing $600!  I needed a bunch of new stuff for it which sucks because I only use that car to go to Oakland and South Side...o well, I found out that my tax return is going to pay for that so no big deal there.

Went back to school on Monday and back to work yesterday.  I had to do my PLP on my first day back to work!  That sucked.

Today was an awesome day!  It was so nice out.  I got to spend a little bit of time outside after class and it felt great.  Later on I went to Kara's for a cookout which was delicious!  I am looking forward to being able to do this more often now that winter is almost over.  Shawn grilled plain chicken, god thing Kara jumped in and spiced it up before it was done...good stuff.  There was a whole bunch of extra food left so we might do it again tomorrow altho it would have to be inside since it will only be in the 40s.  Damn Pittsburgh March weather.

Tomorrow I have an interview for project with one of my old TAs from last year after work.  Looking forward to that, should be interesting.

No comments: