Monday, March 23, 2009

Friday, Saturday, & Sunday

Here is a weekend update:

Friday

After work I came home and watched the second half of the Pitt game.  They won but looked terrible.  Shawn told me he was not going to the gym, so I ended up just going to the UC and doing the elliptical for 35 minutes.  I did it with varying resistance this time instead of varying inclines.  I like incline better I found but it is good to switch things up.  That night I went to Justine's for a "spring drink" party.  It was fun and I got to hang out with some people that I never get to see.  I had this crazy drink made with Pimm's liquor, Sprite, a bunch of fruit, and cucumbers.  It was actually pretty good.  After that was gone I had various other sumery drinks.

Saturday

I went to the Sea Change workshop all day Saturday.  The point of the workshop was supposed to give you a "North Star" for your life which is a question that you live your life trying to answer.  My questions that I came up with through various activities throughout the workshop is:
How can I encourage my peers to empower and enlighten themselves so that they can be happy, healthy, and whole for their entire lives?
We also had to do a bunch of drawing (which I am terrible at.)  Here is a picture of my "healthy" person from the quote above:
haha.
Nicole had lunch catered from Kaya which was pretty awesome.  We had a bunch of good things but I really liked the cilantro-lime dressing.  I am going to have to try to make that.  She also bought cupcakes from Whole Foods.
I came home and took a nice nap and then met Shawn, Lee, and Kara for dinner at Hemmingway's.  Shawn, Kara, and I ended up staying for a pretty long time.  After we were done drinking beer, we got three pitchers of shots.  They were only six bucks each!  The Miller Lite girls that were there were pretty hot except they were not giving us any free stuff.  They were giving this one table of girls free Miller Lites all night.  It was starting to piss us off.
Late Saturday night after getting home I got to thinking that I am pretty lonely.  I need to find a girl to have in my life sometime soon.  It has never been easy for me to find someone, but we'll see what I can do I guess.  I have been thinking a lot about this lately.

Sunday

Today I did a bit of work for Professional Writing, watched the Pitt game at Shawn's (they are still not looking so good) and they made it to the Sweet 16!  I went to Target to get a few things.  I also looked up Sara and Brian's wedding registry but did not see anything I wanted to buy for them.  I was going to try Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but they were already closed...I hate how places close early on Sundays.  I came home and was going to give the apartment a good cleaning but just did not feel like it so I decided I would make some cookies to bring in to my group tomorrow.

That's it.

No comments: