Monday, February 9, 2009

Po Po

The police finally came today to ticket people who were parked on the wrong side of my street (they came twice actually.)  It is about time, it has been getting pretty bad here there are cars all over the street and it really makes it hard to get up and down the street when it is icy.  I also noticed that they finally started ticketing people who park too close to the corner of the street as well, this is also great because it is really hard to get out of my street without putting your car the whole way in the middle of the street before you can see if anyone else is coming.  Usually they only ticket cars on this street once every couple months or so, but I am hopeful since they came twice today that maybe they are going to start cracking down.  Pittsburgh is always talking about needing money, this seems to me like a really easy way to make it, just come around and ticket people who blatantly disregard signs and make it hard for everyone else who does follow the rules to get around.  One other good place to get some money would be to start fining people who don't shovel their sidewalk...there is a shitload of people who don't, there are even entire apartment complexes that leave their sidewalks unshoveled for days!

Sorry for the poor quality picture I took it through my window really fast because I did not want the guy to see me.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Well, this wasn't really the first time they've done this. Remember last year when Gabe, Richard and I all got tickets? yeahhhhh...

Nick said...

Ha, I was waiting for one of you to comment. They only come around every 3-4 months. That time you guys got tickets was the first time they ever did it.