Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a Shitty Day!

Weatherwise anyway...

Today, I think ever kind of precipitation possible fell from the sky!  When I left for my client meeting this morning it was raining and everything on the ground was a total mess.  There was slush everywhere and rivers of water running through the slush.  I can believe I made it to the CIC without being totally soaked in muck.  Then when we took our client out to lunch, it was snowing, while in the restaurant it was a mix of rain and snow and on the way back to the CIC it was really snowing in big chunks.  At least when I was walking home from the bus the precipitation stopped but the ground on the other hand was still quite bad.  It is supposed to be in the teens tonight so all of that nasty slush should be frozen and rock hard for the way in to work tomorrow...  Is it summertime yet??  Once I got home there was no way I was going back out in that shit, therefore gym skipped for the day and I don't even care.  A little break should do me good.

On a positive note, the client meeting today went really well.  The project that I am working on sounds like it is going to be really cool.  We are tasked with designing a social learning site for professionals; basically a facebook for self motivated learners.  It is going to be a lot of work, because nothing combining these two aspects has ever been done before, but I think it will be well worth it in the end.

No comments: